About the Foundation
The June & Andrew Mlangeni Foundation has its roots in Dube Soweto, where June Mlangeni resided while her husband was in prison.
June started caring for the elderly in Dube, by making them clothes and preparing meals for them. Many years later, this very humble act has evolved into the June & Andrew Mlangeni Foundation, which was established by Andrew Mlangeni in honour of his wife following her passing.
Malose Fran Kekana , William Deehan McNell, Pro Hlengiwe ,Buhle Mkhize , Dr Andrew Mlangeni
Thakali William Mlangeni, Adv Peter Tshisevhe , Sello Mashao Rasethaba , Fikile April Mbalula, Dominic Ntsekhe.
To build a self-sustainable, world class community based organisation that is capable of a meaningful and lasting contribution towards the socio-economic development of our country.
To contribute financial and non-financial resources towards the development of human capital, primarily for the benefit the disadvantaged communities.
The Mlangeni Foundation Values:
- Compassion and humility
- Committed and transformative communities
- African Excellence
- Value-based, holistic support to deserving communities
- Partnership and collaboration with leading South African and international institutions
- A dedicated drive towards unlocking and developing communities
- The establishment of a self-sufficient African philanthropic organisation